Every meeting starts by all members reciting these Twelve Decisions. The microloans that we are offering is not an end in itself. Financial independence is not an end either.
These are just means. The real end that we are striving for is the change of hearts and minds of individuals that they can lead a life of dignity as well. A life where parents are not forced to give large dowries to have their daughters married. A life where individuals are not slaves to pervasive addictions like alcohol and smoking. These and other life principles have been transcribed in these Twelve Decisions below:
The Twelve Decisions
- We shall be regular in our prayers, and encourage our near and dear ones towards it.
- We shall endeavor to bring happiness and prosperity to our families.
- We shall not live in dilapidated houses. We shall repair our houses and work towards constructing new houses at the earliest.
- We shall educate our children to ensure that they stand a better chance for a brighter future.
- We shall always keep our children, ourselves, our houses and surroundings clean.
- We shall keep our area free from the curse of dowry. We shall not take any dowry at our sons’ weddings neither shall we give any dowry at our daughters wedding. We shall not practice child marriage.
- We shall not inflict any injustice on anyone, neither shall we allow anyone to do so, and shall always speak the truth.
- We shall always be ready to help each other. If anyone is in difficulty, we shall all help him or her.
- We shall not beat, abuse, curse or fight with our parents, husbands, children, relatives and neighbors.
- We shall not indulge in bad habits that destroy health and wealth, such as drinking, gambling, smoking, tobacco, pan masala, and discourage all from doing so
- We shall not give or take interest and will shun money-lenders.
- We shall keep our promises and not break them. We shall use the money given by lifeline trust with honesty only for the purpose it is given for, and we shall repay the loans promptly.
So help us God.