What is “Lifeline Wellness”?
Lifeline Wellness is a healthcare initiative by Lifeline Foundation to make healthcare more accessible and affordable to the poorer section of the society. Primarily Lifeline intends to provide medical assistance to the neediest people irrespective of religion, caste, race, gender and colour.
“Lifeline Wellness” has a two level approach towards healthcare.
1. It provides medical aid for treatment at hospitals and other medical facilities.
2. It runs medical camps at underprivileged areas in urban localities and facilitates primary health camps with free medicines.
Summary of Medical Aid provided by Lifeline
Cumulative Medical Aid of Rs 1.07Cr (≈ USD 159,000) has been disbursed by Lifeline over 8 yrs to around 530 beneficiaries (Average Rs 20,236 ≈ USD 275). In case of medical aid, disbursements are made directly to hospital/ pharmacy as far as possible.
Summary of Medical Camp activity done by Lifeline
Lifeline conducted 28 medical camps in 2018-20, benefiting 6,142 patients saving Rs 17 lakhs for them.
Application Process for “Lifeline Wellness – Medical Aid Programme”.
- The Lifeline Medical Aid support program is open for poor residents of Bengaluru city only. Preference will be given to patients who are members (or relatives) of The Lifeline Foundation Trust, or persons recommended by the volunteers and trustees.
- Application for medical aid shall be accessible through the Lifeline medical aid coordinator (MAC) using either of the following two methods.
- Sending details sought below (in #5) to the following email ID <> or
- Details given below (in #5) regarding the case can be sent by WhatsApp to the Lifeline MAC phone number 8550873353.
- Applicants canget further details on the application process, eligibility and send the documentation required from the Lifeline MAC via WhatsApp or Phone 8550873353.
- The Medical Aid coordinator, or any Lifeline trustee, volunteer or staff shall have access to the link to fill in the Lifeline medical aid application form online, available through Lifeline website.This online link shall not be a public link and will only be available internally for designated members.
- All the details shall be clearly filled on behalf of the patient with documents of proof being uploaded. The basic documents needed prior to applying the medical aid are as follows:
- Identity Card of patient (Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Passport etc.).
- BPL Card having patient’s / guardians name(BPL, APL, AAY, No Card)
- Previous medical reports regarding treatment done/ medicines prescribed
- An estimation letterfor the treatment or medicines from recognised hospitals or doctors for treatment
- any other related documents
- The list of pending applications for medical aid, once completed and submitted, will be reviewed by the Lifeline Medical Aid Review Committee (MARC)
- The Lifeline MARC including doctors, trustees and volunteers will review the application, and on preliminary clearance, the MAC will invite the patient/ guardian for an in-person or video phone interaction (usually done once a week on Sunday at BET college.)
- Once the review meeting between the Lifeline MARC members and the patient/ guardian is done, the application is approved or rejected, and the remarks and recommendations recorded.
- If application is approved, the Lifeline MARC will decide on the amount to be disbursed based on the financial condition of the patient, the cost and appropriateness of treatment, institution chosen for treatment and other factors.
In May HBS hospital was invited by the management of Al Ameen Hospital in Vasanthnagar to open to...
Bengaluru: The Lifeline Foundation in association with Humane Touch organized a free health...
A free medical health check-up camp was organised by The Lifeline Foundation Trust in...