What is “Lifeline Wellness”?
Lifeline Wellness is a healthcare initiative by Lifeline Foundation to make healthcare more accessible and affordable to the poorer section of the society. Primarily Lifeline intends to provide medical assistance to the neediest people irrespective of religion, caste, race, gender and colour.
“Lifeline Wellness” has a two level approach towards healthcare.
1. It provides medical aid for treatment at hospitals and other medical facilities.
2. It runs medical camps at underprivileged areas in urban localities and facilitates primary health camps with free medicines.
Summary of Medical Aid provided by Lifeline
Cumulative Medical Aid of Rs 1.07Cr (≈ USD 159,000) has been disbursed by Lifeline over 8 yrs to around 530 beneficiaries (Average Rs 20,236 ≈ USD 275). In case of medical aid, disbursements are made directly to hospital/ pharmacy as far as possible.
Summary of Medical Camp activity done by Lifeline
Lifeline conducted 28 medical camps in 2018-20, benefiting 6,142 patients saving Rs 17 lakhs for them.
Proposed Application Process for “Lifeline Wellness – Medical Aid Programme”
Lifeline Foundation has proposed the following system to examine and approve medical aid to the needy patients.
1. Lifeline Wellness – Medical Aid Application process shall be made accessible from the Lifeline website. Phone number of the medical aid coordinator will be provided for patients to get further details on the application process, eligibility and documentation required.
2. The Medical Aid coordinator, or any Lifeline trustee, volunteer or staff shall fill in the application form online, and apply through online forms available at lifeline website. This online link shall not be a public link and only available internally
3. All the details shall be clearly filled on behalf of the patient with documents of proof being uploaded. The basic documents needed prior to applying the medical aid are as follows:
i) Identity Card of patient (Voter ID, Aadhaar Card, Passport etc.).
ii) BPL Card having patient’s name (BPL, APL, AAY, No Card)
iii) Previous medical reports regarding treatment done/ medicines prescribed
iv) An estimation letter from recognised hospitals or doctors for treatment
4. Once a week, on every Saturday, the list of pending applications for medical aid must be summarized and sent to all the wellness committee members for discussion and recorded. The coordinator will also be responsible to maintain the complete data of support provided and outcomes
5. Once the application is made, the wellness committee including doctors, trustees and volunteers will review the application, and on preliminary clearance, the medical aid coordinator will invite the patient/ relative for an in-person interaction done once a week on Sunday at BET college.
6. Once the in person meeting between the wellness committee members and the patient/ relative is done, the remarks and recommendations are uploaded by at least two committee members, the application is approved or rejected.
7. The panel will decide on the amount to be disbursed based on the financial condition of the patient, the cost and appropriateness of treatment, institution chosen for treatment and other factors.
Proposed Approval limits for “Lifeline Wellness – Medical Aid Programme”
Any application for medical aid shall follow the below approval limits
● Up to Rs 20,000 per case – any two members must approve
● From Rs 20,000 to Rs 50,000 per case – any two members including one doctor must approve
● Above Rs 50,000 per case – at least three members including one doctor must approve.
Bengaluru: Mercy Medicals is an initiative under Mercy Mission. It is aimed at providing health...
29th March 2020 – Lifeline & Humane Touch distributed 42 Food kits to construction laborers at Veerannapalya
Bengaluru: Lifeline Foundation in collaboration with Humane Touch distributed 42 Food Kits among...
Ruksar, a 19 Year old girl newly married and started a new life in Bengaluru. She is an ambitious...